- Camel milk can be hard to find and can be expensive.
- Plant milk is another option, such as Soy, Rice, Almond, Oat, Cashew etc. The risks here can be genetic modification, added sugars; checking the label is important.
- Sour milk products such as yoghurt, kefir and buttermilk are easier to digest.
- Raw milk is the healthiest option.
- Pasteurizing milk destroys enzymes and some vitamins, which makes the milk harder to digest and of less nutritional value.
- Homogenization means the fat particles are reduced in size, and thus remain in suspension, this is emulsification. The health issue here is that once altered the fat particles have sharper edges and study has shown these particles can damage the artery walls; this may lead to plaque formation.
- Milk substitutes and plant derived milks often have sugars added and this needs to be considered.
- Trim and Skim milks have less fat and therefore less Vitamins A & D. These vitamins are carried in fats and oils.
- Glass containers are healthy and recyclable.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU:
If you are experiencing sensitivity to foods or other substances, we are able to help you make informed choices to gain better health.
Doctor Pat is well experienced in diagnoses of and treatments for allergies and digestive disorders.
Contact Doctor Pat via the website www.naturopathicphysician.com.au;
or call 07 5484 5050.
The clinic is modelled around a holistic framework based on scientific and traditional Natural Medicine. Doctor Pat, a specialist in preventative medicine, seeks the source of each client's problems by using a broad range of techniques and diagnostics. To boost the body's natural healing potential specialised treatments and therapies are used to restore harmony, prevent diseases and help you toward optimal health and wellness.
14 Yabba Road
Imbil, Qld 4570
In the beautiful Mary Valley
Sunshine Coast Qld