Summer is a time of fun and excitement with the celebration of Christmas and holidays.
Enjoying time with family and friends is important to most of us and I'm certainly thankful for all those special people that make this time of year a true celebration of life for me.
SUMMER PRODUCT SPECIAL
A good stand-by product for summer is an excellent Electrolite Powder which rehydrates your body quickly plus essential salts and minerals.
Seasonal problems can affect many people, such as Asthma, hay fever and other allergies are common. The Naturopathic approach is effective with the recommendation of reducing mucus forming foods like – white bread, white rice and sugar especially. We also offer natural remedies to assist with the process.
Detoxification - Spring time is the ideal time to not only spring clean our homes, it's also a great time to restore, rebalance and repair our body with a Detoxification program.
- Camel milk can be hard to find and can be expensive.
- Plant milk is another option, such as Soy, Rice, Almond, Oat, Cashew etc. The risks here can be genetic modification, added sugars; checking the label is important.
- Sour milk products such as yoghurt, kefir and buttermilk are easier to digest.
- Raw milk is the healthiest option.
- Pasteurizing milk destroys enzymes and some vitamins, which makes the milk harder to digest and of less nutritional value.
- Homogenization means the fat particles are reduced in size, and thus remain in suspension, this is emulsification. The health issue here is that once altered the fat particles have sharper edges and study has shown these particles can damage the artery walls; this may lead to plaque formation.
- Milk substitutes and plant derived milks often have sugars added and this needs to be considered.
- Trim and Skim milks have less fat and therefore less Vitamins A & D. These vitamins are carried in fats and oils.
- Glass containers are healthy and recyclable.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU:
If you are experiencing sensitivity to foods or other substances, we are able to help you make informed choices to gain better health.
Doctor Pat is well experienced in diagnoses of and treatments for allergies and digestive disorders.
Contact Doctor Pat via the website www.naturopathicphysician.com.au;
or call 07 5484 5050.
Vitamin D has, in recent years, become a trendy subject!
WHAT'S THE DEAL? We need it for resistance to chronic diseases, such as, cardiovascular disease and cancer, healing fractures (bone remodelling), resistance to colon cancer, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure and glucose intolerance.